Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Update

   Hello all!

   This is just a quick update about what you will see coming soon to the blog.  I have just started this experiment so I will have some lag time up front getting things scanned into JPEG and/or PDF format and posting it on here for all to have access to.  I have to figure out the best way to do the scanning because I don't have a good scanner, or good scanning software.  Looks like I'll be MacGyvering some stuff, so my apologies if the quality isn't 100%.

   Moving on.  The first few things you will see on here are the scans of the missing pages and quality scans of the maps from Legendary Islands of the Atlantic.  Then you will see an 1873 map of the town of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, where I recently conducted some research in the manuscript collections of the Luzerne County Historical Society.  I will then probably post an 1865 lithograph pertaining to a Civil War naval battle, a few lithographs from a history book from the turn of the century, and possibly get into some books from the World War I era.

   You will have to keep checking for updates because I will not be updating on a regular schedule.  I hope to have all of the scanning for Legendary Islands of the Atlantic done and posted before the end of the week.

Until then, cheers.
-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment